Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Sydney to Dubai

Well hasn't that been a long flight, but I suppose we were lucky that it has been cut by one hour with a tail wind.
There were a few whingeing kids on the flight, but I suppose that is to be expected.
No to everyone who thought that we would over indulge in the fruits of the vine, 1 drink at the airport (2 for Keith) and one for each of us on the flight.

I also have to say that next time I will listen to myself & book us day flights, even if we have to get to the airport at 3am, at least we would be flying through the day & be able to at least catch some sleep. Nothing like wasting most of the short time you have in a new country & be too tired to enjoy it.

We are sitting in the lobby of The Shangri la waiting for our room to be ready. Might even just sit by the pool as its supposed to be 46 degrees & 45 tomorrow.

Oh well, definitely not going to be offered a cup of tea or coffee whilst waiting, so I thought I'd start our first day.

Thank goodness tomorrows flight is only 5 hours. Then the fun begins............ until next publication goodbye & au revoir.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear your adventures have started well. You have great experiences ahead and we look forward to your future blogs in English please!!
    Loz
    good luck and have fun and be safe
    Chez

    ReplyDelete